The concept of cosmetic dentistry is based on people's desire to have a stunning smile. This division of dentistry has gained massive popularity in recent years, chiefly influenced by the need for perfection. The chief focus of cosmetic dentistry is to improve a person's dental appearance. And this can be achieved by rectifying the teeth's alignment, color, shape, and size of the gums. The cosmetic procedures help reshape teeth, alter their shape, close gaps, and repair worn-out teeth.
Most of the cosmetic processes are essential such as bonding, tooth bleaching, contouring, and veneers. Even though most people seek cosmetic dentistry for aesthetic benefits, this technique can also offer non-aesthetic corrections such as improving the bite. Cosmetic dentistry has a lot of variety to offer, from performing delicate repairs to drastically improving the appearance.
What are some types of Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Teeth Whitening:This is currently one of the most widely opted cosmetic procedures of people who want a relatively quick and easy solution to change their smile. It offers an excellent choice for people who don't need anything more than some teeth brightening. Additionally, it's one of the most affordable treatments in terms of costs. Tooth whitening can be done either in the dental office or at home, but it is generally advised to get the bleach done by your dentist for good results. The over-the-counter bleaching products are not as effective and don't always provide the brightening that most people desire.
- Dental Veneers: For a decade, dental veneers have been the gold standard in cosmetic dental procedures. Veneers are paper-thin porcelain shells that are secured to the outer surface of the teeth. In this procedure, the enamel of your tooth is gently filed down, and its impression is taken. The impression is then sent over to a dental lab for fabricating the veneers. And you can wear temporary veneers until the permanent ones get back from the lab. Veneers are perfect for people who have dark staining, which doesn't go away with bleaching, as well as chipped or fractured front teeth.
- Dental Bonding: This is an excellent procedure for people who have profoundly stained or chipped teeth. The composite bonding material is usually the same which is used for white dental fillings. This material can be molded, which means your dentist can shape the material to fit the ideal, beautiful shape you want.
- Enamel Abrasion:This procedure is another alternative to remove tooth discoloration. In this technique, a very fine pumice in a micro-abrasion machine is used to remove surface stains of the teeth. The enamel abrasion procedure will help remove the superficial stains formed from tobacco products, wine, soda, and coffee. However, enamel abrasion doesn't work well for intrinsic stains or stains inside the tooth. But still, a cosmetic dentist will know which stain removal procedure is best.
- Invisalign Braces:It is a common belief among most people that braces are for kids. But with changing times, more and more adults are opting for braces in order to get the smile they have always wanted. Invisalign braces are an excellent option for adults because no one can tell that you are wearing them. Braces are not only for aesthetics purposes. They can also correct misalignment causing pain, like chronic headaches. The benefits of this procedure definitely outweigh the investment.
Call us at Los Cerritos or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry